- Each player should bring their own water to summer workouts.
- Every Seaholm football player has the right to have water any time during practice, workout or game.
- Water breaks during workouts, practices or games are mandatory. Players should drink during these times even if they do not feel thirsty.
- Player should drink water frequently during the day.
- Player should eat a well-balanced diet.
Things to Avoid
- Supplements- Teenaged boys with proper training, nutrition and rest should be able to reach their training goals. Supplements are not necessary.
- Supplements containing ephedrine, ephedra, Mu Hang- Guarana and caffeine have been proven to dehydrate the system. The N.F.L. and NCAA have banned many of these products.
- Watch out for supplements like Ripped Fuel, Stacker 2, Hydroxcut, Xenadrine and many others. These are thermogenic and will dehydrate.
- Creatine has been shown to possibly dehydrate players and should not be taken.
- Soda Pop
For more information contact your Doctor.